Saturday, February 23, 2008

Old Pictures

This is Soumaila, the vaccinator, with one of his wives, Assetou (who is chopping green onions), and their youngest child, Bafin.


My homologue, Salimata, and her son, Farsi, who is a year and a half old. He was not cooperative with photographs.


My kitty wants to ride my bike!


I encountered this scorpion on a late night trip to the bathroom. It was 2 or 3 inches long. Not pleasant.

This is my kitten in the thing I use to draw water from my well. Cutest kitten ever!




My host family stores the harvested millet in a granary.




All of the women came with large bowls to gather the millet and pass it to the guy at the top of the granary.



Two of the women in my host family pound something (probably millet) in a mortar and pestle. They take turns on the upstrokes and downstrokes. The woman on the left has a baby on her back.

No comments: